Friday, April 30, 2010

72

In the past month or two I decided to make our own 72 hour kits.

It all started with one paranoid Jenny and a nightmare.

I went online to get some information on how to even start. There really are some great online resources each has something different, or new that I would not have thought of.
I personally liked this one and this one

I'm still working on Jared's, but I feel like I am safer with tornado season here.
Basically I made my own little first aid kit with gloves, guaze, drugs, bandaids, etc. and then to walmart to get a backpack and to the camping section to get flashlights, matches, candles, ponchos, etc. And the dollar store was helpful with silverware and plates.
I went to clothes and shoes I never wear... just because and threw them in too.

I still need to get a couple of things put together, but overall I'm proud of my little kit.


OH! and our friends are back again.

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Very proud of you and your emergency backpacks. Al thinks I'm paranoid because I'm totally focused on our food storage and gathering important documents to properly store them. At least it makes me feel better...

Congrats! Very mature of you...LOL.

Carrie said...

That's awesome! We need to do that too. Say hello to your little friends.

Aston Family said...

Good job Jenny! I need to update ours! I keep taking the TP out of it for emergencies! Hahaha! I am so proud of YOU! Such a lil nurse! :)

Amy said...

Good for you. I have been procrastiniating the whole 72 hour kit thing with our busy life, but it is important. Thanks for being such a good example of prepardness:)

Elise would love those little friends of yours:)