Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Our Little Garden

We decided that a little grow box was in order after we got our tax return this year.

It was a fun little project and Jared even let me touch and use his miter saw. Luckily nothing to bad happened. I was so scared to use it. There is just something about a saw spinning so fast that it can cut through just about anything... including fingers.

No fingers were lost, but I don't know that I will use that thing with out Jared's supervision.

After spending about a hour at Lowes we decided we would plant a couple regular tomato plants, a watermelon, cherry tomatoes, some carrots, pepper, stawberries AND The "Big Boy" tomato plant.
This baby scares me slightly. It is some kind of hybrid tomato plant. The tomatoes are supposed to grow to be 2 lbs. I expect about 1 tomato. I just hope its not going to have eyes and a mouth.

Like this one...


We will see.

2 comments:

Brittany & Garrett Best said...

Anyone who grows gardens seem very ambitious to me. Probably because I can't grow anything. Good luck with the huge tomato, that one you pictured looks like it has worms coming out of it. Hopefully you don't have any tomato worms!!!

Carrie said...

Have fun with your garden. I'm glad to hear there'll be a watermelon. Wouldn't be a garden in Jared's house without one ;)