Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Month 3 Mark

Every month he gets older I cant believe how fast it all has flown by.


Jared caught this picture while I entertained. So happy we got a smile on camera!

I thought this picture was really cute.... he found the bear. He seems to be a very intense little guy. He will concentrate on something and you can just see the wheels turning. My little smartie.



Andrew loves to talk (of course after he has eaten and been changed and had a good nap).

Please ignore me talking...

He also gives lots of smiles. Mostly to people he knows. He always seems to smile if you call him handsome or cute.What a ham!



But catching a smile to talking moment on camera is difficult. As soon as he sees the phone he freezes.




Occasionally he laughs. Can I just say I love it!


He loves, Loves LOVES the outdoors. I don't know if its the colors or what but if he is crying you can walk outside and 90% of the time he will stop. He loves to just look around.



Did I mention he LOVES to be naked.


Baths are still fun and he fell asleep in the swimming pool a few days ago.  He loves to hang out in the pool.



He officially figured out how to roll to his tummy and every time I get up with him in the night he is on his tummy. Good thing I transitioned from the swaddle the week before. (that was a rough week full of long tireless nights)


He seems to like stroller rides. I've recently taken up running again (which is a whole different topic. It's been rough).  He always goes with me. He loves it (most the time) and by the end is sleeping.




We are finding our hands and feet as of late. Its so cute to see him sitting with his feet moving while he stares at them intently.


We borrowed a swing and he loves it. He has to be held by someone or he will cry except when put in the swing. I has been so so nice.  Now I can get some things done without him on my hip or crying.



He still likes to stand and can support himself... if only he had some balance. I personally think it is kind of amazing! Stop growing so fast!!!



He loves to watch baby Einstein. (aka crack for kids)



We made it through sacrament meeting for the very first time a week ago. It was awesome!!!!

Yes... I took a picture in the mothers room later to commemorate...


His colic is getting so much better. Its so nice to just have crying that has a solution. Crying because we are tired, hungry, etc....

We really like to read books. Especially ones with bright colors.



We blowout our diaper everyday.





We don't have an appointment this month, but according to my measurements....

He is 13.4 pounds (with clothes and a full belly)
24 inches long
16 inch head circumference

All of these are between 25th to 50th percentile.

We go to bed around 9-10pm and sleep til about 2am. He eats and then wakes up around 5.  Now that it is getting light later in the morning we are sleeping until almost 7 (unless I wake him up so I can go running).  So do-able!
During the day we usually take our bath in the morning and take an hr long nap around 9am.  We eat every 3 hours. And he eats an amazing amount. It is CRAZY. When my SIL was watching him once for me he ate 6 oz of pumped milk. 6oz!!!!
I know that I produce a lot. But I've never really thought about it. Typically I produce 3-4oz on each side... and he eats both sides... and still wants more.... Sometimes I give him an extra ounce of formula to get him to stop crying for more.
He burns all those calories because he moves and wiggles, and squirms allllll the time! He is a wiggly little thing. I should have known based on how he was in the womb. He moved allll the time there too!

I love that I get to hang out with this guy all day long, everyday. Even though some days I go just a little cray cray... we find ways to have fun.  Did I mention he loves to get out and go shopping? :)  To daddy's dismay...

Thanks daddy for working and letting me stay home with him!

He loves his daddy!


Can I just say my life is so different now that Andrew has come!  I love him!



And I love my family of 3!
(We visited Daddy at work one day)


3 comments:

Anthony and Erin Mills said...

Such a cutie! Mommyhood is awesome isn't it!?

Carrie said...

So SO cute! He is adorable. I love baby talking and baby laughs! You are such a cute mom and I am inspired that you remained so optimistic through all the colic! I am sure I would have gone crazy. Love you all!

Brittany & Garrett Best said...

He is so cute! He reminds me a lot of Grant when he was a baby. You are going to have your hands full it sounds like. I heard you are coming Labor Day weekend. I can't wait to meet Andrew!!!! So excited for you to come!!