He still is colicky, but is doing so much better than weeks 3-6. Still there are rough days. It is so hard as a mother to see your little one hurting and not be able to do anything but hold him and try to comfort him. Many a tear as been shed while he screams, sweats and squirms in pain for hours at a time. It is absolutely horrible. I would never wish it upon anyone... ever.
I just got back from a run... and a horrible night and now Andrew is sleeping peacefully (of course when I'm not trying to sleep) , so I will try to get July in here...
July was a very busy month.
Jared's parents came and visited us. I think they were bored to death, but there isn't much to do in Az when it is so stinkin' hot.
We did go out for ice cream and the boy smoked a brisket.
It was the 4th of July. We went to my parents and had some BBQ and then swam. It was Andrew's first time swimming... and he LOVED it. I guess it shouldn't surprise me when we love baths so much.
Then it was Andrew's blessing day. This was the main reason why Grandma and Grandpa Armstrong came to visit.
Jared did a great job in the blessing. Andrew was blessed with Charity,faith, intellegence and phsycial strenght to overcome trials, and the ability to recognize truth.
Did I mention I made a little Armstrong Clan kilt for him to wear? I think it turned out great.
I'm so glad I have a worth faithful husband to bless my children.
Only a few days later. We were off to California. We were worried about the car ride, but he did great! He only cried when he was hungry, otherwise he just hung out or slept. It couldn't have gone better.
My family rented a house on the beach in Oceanside CA. It was so nice! We literally were on the beach! We shopped, played in the water, had a root beer contest, took pictures of all the grand kids, etc. etc...
I had my first experience with a rude person telling me to get the crying baby out of here... I just glared at her and cried later. Curse colic! Jared took me to ice cream later to cheer me up.
And poor Jared slipped down the stairs while holding Andrew. Everyone turned out ok, but it was horrible!
Oh yeah, and I hurt my toe....
We felt like we needed a vacation from our vacation after it was over. Sheesh!
Then back home to pack up.
Things on the job front have been in crazy. Looks like we will be in Boise after all.
BUT the job doesn't start until January.... In the mean time.... Jared got an extension on his job... our rental contract was up so we moved out of our rental and into my parents basement... none of it ideal but we are grateful for everything.














2 comments:
What a crazy month for you all! Your trip to CA sounds like SOOO much fun!!! I can't believe there are still people around that will actually ask you to leave because your baby is crying. Seriously people have some sympathy! Good thing Garrett wasn't there, he would've mdd the person cry for saying something. Sounds like you have a big adventure coming up with your move to Boise! I can't wait to meet Andrew!!!!
I'm finally catching up on some blogs I haven't read. Andrew is SO stinking cute! You sound busy and happy and tired and in love with your boys! Love you and praying that the colic goes away (I always hated when people said "oh, he must be hungry" or "Oh, so tired!" - usually after they had just eaten OR woken up from a nap.) Love you all!
Post a Comment