
It is official... ballet, kicks my behind like nothing i have ever tried. I've tried a many things. Basketball, gymnastics, triple jump, long jump, discus, shot put, hurdles, sprinting, cross country in the AZ heat in August...
I just has NO idea that ballet something that seems so graceful, slow, and happy would be such a pain. LITERALLY. I realized today how easy my teacher is compared to other people. I went to a TA session today because i needed to make up a day of class (and get better... midterms are soon) So I went and there was a guy teaching the class. He was really good at ballet. Like he graduated from an arts school in europe in ballet, and started when he was a kid. Well, the stretches were killer just like in the picture with the bar and splits... we had to do that. YIPES! Putting the whole class experience into the shortest possible paragraph I just dont move like that sometimes... He was going around turning heels out in a different position we did and he came to me and was like... turn your heel and he went to try to turn it and it did not move AT ALL. And he pushed a bit more harder and then came to the conclusion and said, "I dont want to break your leg. Some people just cant do some of the moves because they started ballet later in life.'' Im like... rrrrriiight. Way to go. So I will work on it, but for now, i challenge any of you to take on ballet it is a killer workout, and yet... I still really really like it! Pink tights and all!

2 comments:
I TOTALLY agree!! Some of my most sore moments are from ballet! Are you going to wear your pink tights to Kentucky this week?
That looks sooo fun-really! I loved dance in high school and still do, I just never pursued it enough. I even considered taking a "late" beginners ballet class someday in the future-maybe when I am "thirty-something?" Who knows.
Post a Comment