Friday, August 26, 2011

Swimming


I am very humble when it comes to swimming.

As in at the beginning of this summer I stunk at swimming.... Like... really bad.

Hunsaker's just don't swim, they never have.

So when Jared started to train for his Tri, I started Trying to swim. I'm glad that Jared was not mean or judgeing of my bad swimming, and taught me EVERYTHING that I needed to know.

People would see Jared teaching me how to swim, and then see him swim really well and fast and they would ask Jared questions. It was funny, but he does know his stuff.

So I started swimming at the end of June. I could get about 50 meters and then I was exhausted and out of breath.
But Jared worked with me, and encouraged me. Told me I would find my stride and speed and I would get my form down.

Slowly I started to get form. Then I went 100 meters in a row. I was so excited.

Then I went 400 in a row, out of no where!

I did that for a couple weeks. 400 to 500 meters in a row, and then about 300 meters more not consecutively.

But last night was the last night we could swim before the pool closed for the season.

I swam 1200 meters in a row! That's 3/4 of a mile! I was so proud of myself! I am not fast, but I can swim! HOORAY!

4 comments:

Amy said...

That is Awesome!!

Kate said...

I'm so proud and also mad that we can't swim together :(

Katherine said...

That is amazing, Jenny! Swimming is so tiring!

Carrie said...

You go, sis! Jared is a good teacher for swimming... well at school stuff too! You'll be doing your own triathlon soon!