Monday, August 22, 2011

Jared's Sprint Tri

Jared participated in a local sprint Triathlon at the beginning of the month. I was so proud of him. The sprint tri was a 800meter swim, 12 mile bike, and a 5k run.

It was his first triathlon, and guess what?! He was the first person to start the swim! (No pressure) He did great! and finished the swim in under 12 minutes. (Which I think is personally amazing! It takes me a little under 12 minutes to do just half of that!)

I was so proud of my Mountain biking man! He was the only person there that didn't have a fancy road bike, but he pushed that bike and finished well! (even for riding on the so called 'brick')


AND then ran to the finish!

I really am so proud of him.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Woo hoo! GO Jared! You are awesome!

Kate said...

What a man! When is the race that you all are training for? I wish I could be there holding signs up for all of your races!!! Better yet I wish you could force me to train with you!!!

Garrett said...

WAY TO GO JARED!!! That is awesome!