So I got all the candles out and dusted them off... seriously. Made dinner and even bought some sparkling cider. I got some extra sheets and used them to close off the dinning room, and had my computer play music for ambiance. And then waited for Jared to get home. All in all. It was a good, cheap date night, and it was fun.
I also made a cute ornament wreath last month. It was perfect because we don't have a wreath. (Thanks to Kathryn) I think it is REALLY cute, but I made it and I may be biased. I just went to the dollar store and got about 80 ornaments and a wire hanger. It was easy and only took about 2 hours.
On the 11&12 of November louisville had a free clinic with H1N1 flu shots. You could do the drive up or park and walk. I tried the drive up. It took an hour but I got my shot. I really wanted to get it because of traveling this Christmas, otherwise I probably would have just opted out. It turns out that 12,613 people got the H1N1 vaccination on Wed. And they had to close early on Thursday because they ran out. Around 22,000 vaccines were given. It was Crazy!
http://www.whas11.com/home/High-Demand-for-Metro-Louisvilles-First-H1N1-Vaccine-Clinic-69759467.html
For Thanksgiving we went to a friends home along with many other families and ate and just enjoyed the company. (sorry no pics) Jared was on-call all Thanksgiving day and night and by some miracle... He had a no hitter. NONE. No pages. AMAZING.
The next 10 days will be full of studying for finals. The last one is on the 11th and then on the 14th Jared and I fly to Az for about a week and then to Utah for a couple days. We will then come back on the 22nd... AND THEN, Jaren and Emily are coming for Christmas. I hope that Jared's call day on the 24th will be like Thanksgiving :)
Anyone know of any fun Louisville activities we can do around Christmas time?
Just a funny video I found of charlie. I just got a round brush and Charlie didn't like it.
This will be probably the last post for a while because of finals. But I will catch up later. Everyone enjoy Christmas!
8 comments:
BUSY, BUSY!! I love the wreath!! Charlie cracks me up, that was a cute video. The dinner sounds amazing, and I may steal your idea of doing a romantic dinner for my hubby. Missed you guys over Thanksgiving! Can't wait to see you when you drop in on your way to AZ!
PLease share your homemaking skills with me! You skirt-sewing, pie-baking, wreath-making, amazing girl! Seriously I could never do things as good as you. You must teach me. I wish we were neighbors. Well I will leave Utah around the 18, we're driving my car up to Oregon, so I bet we can arrange to see you somehow. What day do you fly in? Also, we're living at Cambridge, right next to Windsor, where we used to hot tub!! Haha! Love you Jenny!
How cute! I think you and Jared are so sweet! What a dinner. I absolutely love the wreath! I've been looking for things to Christmas up our apartment. Especially since we are not getting a tree this year. We miss you. Love ya.
Cute Wreath-you'll have to show me how when you are in town and have the time, I would love to make one!
We all need to do a girls night out when you guys are in town:)
I want to know how to make that wreath! Jaren and I are excited to come visit for Christmas! We have some details to work out so e-mail me and we can plan our visit!
emily_glover@hotmail.com
See you in 21/22 days!
I know everyone already said so but I really do love your wreath! SO cute! Oh and I wouldn't count on finals to slow your blog posting... I usually post more stuff when I need to NOT be procrasinating... but that's just me :)
Haha nothing like a romantic evening at home! LOL!!! Taught ya well!!! :) Miss you guys!!! P.S. Your wreath is AMAZING! You are talented my friend!! Good luck with finals!!! You will go GREAT!
Love the wooden rose bouquet in the middle! Sounds cute and romantic.
Post a Comment