Thursday, December 10, 2009

Morbid

I'm sure that all of those in Kentucky have at one point driven downtown on the 71. Well right before you reach the 71 -64 merge into the 65 you pass a sign. One of those large freeway information signs. It is supposed to tell you about accidents, delays ect.
Well for the last couple weeks maybe even months this sign has had one use. Everyday it says that (_#_)of Kentuckians die on the roads in 2009. Sure sure... they are trying to scare us into driving safer, the thing is... if you drive downtown everyday you can watch the numbers go up. On Monday and Tuesday the number was 724 Then on Wednesday 732 Then on Thursday (today) 742. That's a lot of people that die in a couple days. On average 1.98 people die everyday in Kentucky, but they make the numbers jump 10 on one day and none for a week.

I told Jared yesterday that if I for some reason died in some crazy accident on the road in Kentucky that he request that my NUMBER not go on the morbid board.

There are just so many things wrong with this sign.
A precious life tallied as just another number, someones loved ones death shown to everyone, not to mention it is kinda morbid.

If anything that sign just causes more accidents because people have to slow down to read what it says.

Just thought I would rant about it. If you think about it, it is kinda weird.

(I tried to put a picture up, but for some reason it is not working now... I will try later)

2 comments:

Susie said...

That is creepy!! I hope you were not driving and snapping the picture at the same time, because.............

Amy said...

Very Morbid.