Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A Week-by-Week

I'm not so much into the whole baby belly thing. Accepting a growing belly has been very difficult for me. I feel like I'm still in the awkward 'fat' stage, while Jared says I really am starting to look pregnant.  (But he has been the good husband that has said that the whole time, so... )

I only started to kind of 'show' around 19-20 weeks.  And things have progressed quickly since.

It is kind of amazing thinking about what is happening- a growing person inside of me, but in the mean time I still feel like I look like I've lost control of my appetite and ate too many holiday cookies.

Not like my friends that have a cute little baby bump.  Jealous.

Some people have already voiced their opinions about my little spare tire. Being that it is 'too small' forhow far along I am, and my OB should be concerned.  But baby boy measures the perfect size. Right on for his due date. And so NO my OB is not worried.

I knew these comments would happen... I can't wait for more.  I just didn't expect how insecure and rattled they would make me feel.

(Maybe this is why I still haven't told the people at church... everyone has something to say... and most expecting women are much bigger than me even when they are 2 months behind me. Am I building walls to protect myself??? I don't know. I'm still trying to figure that one out.)

Can't wait til I'm a parent and everyone has something to add about my parenting techniques.... :/


BUT...

As much as I want to hide my spare tire around the middle I know that I will regret not documenting and being able to see how much he has grown week by week. Hence the pictures.

(Be warned some pics are not the prettiest of me. In most I don't have make up on or it was a 'minimal make-up day')



 19 Weeks


20 Weeks

21 Weeks

22 Weeks

-This ones a gem - taken after I was on the bike trainer


Our little boy at the anatomy scan- 20 weeks along. Love this picture! He was so active, the ultrasound tech was even impressed at him kicking her. BTW... anatomy scan was great! He is an active, healthy baby.  We were told he would be a pound by the next week.... So now at 22 weeks he is more than a pound. CRAZY.


4 comments:

bbcurfew said...

Ugh, the comments. Those are fun. I didn't show for a long time the first time around. I even got a comment by my Bishop's wife that I may be anorexic. Because, you know, she obviously knew me well enough to know that that has most definitely never been an issue for me. She obviously very educated on the topic. Still shocked that ever happened.
I've never felt more insecure than when I became a mom. I'm learning to just not give a crap about what other people think about my parenting. They don't know me and don't know Drake. So, yeah, if we have to put a video on the iPad to get him to eat a meal, we will! People are lame! You look great!! Glad everything looked good with the little man. What's your due date?

Angela said...

YAAAAAY!!! I haven't been checking your blog…and I am so excited for you both (and Charlie of course). You look fantastic and will make such a great mom. What a lucky little guy to have you and Jared as parents. So glad you are feeling better and he is growing perfect. Wahoo!

Aston Family said...

Soooooo excited for you guys!!!! You are going to be the best Mommy ever!! People always have something to say! Don't listen. I was small with both my babies and they are fine. I hear it's normal with your first baby?! I think you look adorable!!! I'm seriously sooooo stinkin excited!!! COngrats!!! Little boys are so much fun!

Unknown said...

LOVE IT! Look you grrrrreat!!!!!