Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Topiary

I found this cute little topiary tutorial on a crafty blog, who found it on someone else's blog :)

It was too cute and easy, so as soon as school was done I went to the craft store and bought my need materials.

You can find the tutorial Here I only made a few changes that made it easier.
1. I bought a 'moss ball' for the top.
2. I bought a large floral foam square and cut it in half and STUFFED it in (so I didn't have to glue which is good because I couldn't find my glue gun)
3. I didn't stuff the bottom of the pot with paper, just with moss.


They were so cute that I changed the whole mantle above the fireplace.
BEFORE

AFTER

All that it is missing is a picture to hang... I hope to make it on Fabulous Friday.

6 comments:

Brittany & Garrett Best said...

Those are so adorable! I LOVE THEM!! Maybe I can get myself to be crafty enough to try making them. Your mantle looks awesome!

Valgardson Family said...

super cute, I will have to make some. It makes the mantle look so good. Hope you are doing good.

Amy said...

Cute!!

Aston Family said...

Jenny I love those moss balls! Man you are crafty! Maybe just maybe I will attempt these...maybe! Love you!!!

BLY and LOU said...

Jenny, whats the blog you found this on? I'd like to see it.

BLY and LOU said...

very cute, by the way!!!