Two years ago we made a bet (on the way to church no less), about how far away church was from our home (maybe a bit sacrilegious?).
There we sat, a penny up for the lucky winner, staring at the mileage.
Jared guessed 6 miles...I guessed 5
As we got closer I knew I was in trouble.
4.8...
4.9...
I knew it couldn't be that much father... as long as the mileage was closer to my number I would win the precious penny and even more important; the PRIDE (including bragging rights).
5.2...
5.3...
Jared and I were VERY excited (to say the least) screaming in the car as the mileage got further and further from my number and into Jared's range of numbers.
5.4... OH CRAP! Oh CRAP!
I'm yelling at Jared to slow down in a pathetic thought it would make the mileage stop counting.
5.5...
And that's when we stopped driving, talking/screaming and we sat; our excitement totally defused. Because precisely at that moment we were at the church.
Half way between 5 and 6.
We got out of the car quietly and composed and went to church, repented for our sinful, loud drive and forgot it ever even happened. (til now)
But seriously... What are the odds!!
2 comments:
I love random things like that in marriage. I'm glad we got to see you guys. Love you both.
That is awesome!! You and Jared are so cute together.
Post a Comment