Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Decisions

I always knew that moving to Kentucky when I got married would be a temporary thing.

I always knew that moving to Arizona when residency finished would be a temporary thing.

I never knew how hard it would be to move again and again.

I never knew how hard it would be to 'pick' a place to 'live'  Forever.

To decide on a place where we will settle in.

A place where we will become the locals.

A place where we will own a house.

A place to raise a family.

A place to be home.


And I never knew how hard it would be to decide where in the whole world this place would be.

But that is where we are in life right now. I feel overwhelmed with this big decision. If we hate where-ever this place is, can we move? Sure- but I'm ready to settle down and be those people at church that 'own' the 3rd bench from the back.

So eventually (and hopefully easily) we will make this big decision on where our next 'home' will be.

4 comments:

Brittany & Garrett Best said...

Good luck with your decision. It is a tough one. I think it's been tougher for you guys then for us, since you have had to move several different places already. Hopefully wherever you choose will be the perfect fit for you guys! Personally I wish that place were Utah!

Bryan and Katie said...

UGh! In the exact same boat.
rough.

p.s. I think you know my cousin...Whitney Curtis?

Carrie said...

I agree, it's tough and even though we've been where we are for 3 years with no change on the horizon, I still feel like we are not settled. We move and move. I still don't have pictures hung and we've lived here a year! Sometimes I feel like life is like a river. I just get pulled with the current and only short bursts do I get to hang out in an eddy before I'm pulled down river again. Good luck and I hope that wherever you end up is somewhere you will love and that your roots will thrive.

Alyssa said...

That must be so hard! :( Good luck on your decision! Just know that wherever you end up you will be loved and have lots of friends because you are fabulous! Not to get all churchy on ya, but really the only way we have been able to decide where to go is through faith and a ton of prayer. We miss Tennessee SO MUCH and would live there forever, but we know that AZ is the place for us right now and we have to "bloom where we are planted." Hope everything is going great for you guys!! :)