I have a job. I don't really LOVE it, but it pays well, and has a great schedule.
I give flu shots to companies who want to offer that benefit to their employees. (all so the company can suck more work days out of you- j/k- but really....)
Super fun (as you can imagine) to have people tell you all day that, 'that (the needle stick) hurt'. Well, it is a shot.... here's a band-aid to take the pain away. :)
This does bring up some conversations with those who do not want the flu shot. (Really if you don't want it that's fine with me. Jared worked with a resident who died -suffocated essentially- from H1N1. You betcha I'm getting it.) And then there are the conversations about how vaccines and kids and how we shouldn't have to vaccinate our kids, and the shots are more dangerous than the actual disease, they cause autism etc etc etc......
I found this blogging that I really like that has a lot of true info, credible sources, and thinks realistically. Feel free to read, I found it very interesting and WILL be vaccinating my (future) children. (not that I wasn't before I read the article, but I love how credible the sources cited in it are.)
http://bostonwed-murakami.blogspot.com/2013/09/vaccination-laypersons-perspective_26.html?m=1
Yes, it is still your choice if you want your kids vaccinated, but don't let the internet and self proclaimed internet vaccine experts cloud your decision. Read the articles (while boring) from scientists with hours and hours invested in research, heed to the advise of medical professionals who have experience with people dying from diseases, just think beyond the internet of mis-information and gossip.
twin xl duvet covers
4 years ago
2 comments:
It really bugs me that people still believe that vaccinations cause autism. All the science shows that it DOESN'T. Those parents who do believe it but all the other kids and teachers at risk by not having their kid vaccinated. Yeah...don't get me on my soap box. LOL
I"m with you. It bugs me when people say I'm wrong in getting my kids vaccinated. I want to scream at them and say "Yeah, well thanks to people like you, kids are now getting small pox again because you didn't get them vaccinated". Congrats on the new job though.
Post a Comment