Tuesday, August 20, 2013

DL

Officially I live in Az.

I've given up my Kentucky plates and drivers license. So sad. I have nothing else left from Kentucky.

I personally liked the picture on my Kentucky license the most... and the fact that you didn't have to put much personal information... no weight, no hair color.

 **** on a side note,
                    Why do they even have your weight and hair color on there. Its not like I can't just go and dye my hair red and gain 100lbs in a few months.  However your eye color = cant change. Your height = can change, but you have to go through a very painful procedure that takes 1 month per inch. And to lengthen you have to wear an external fixator .. and AFTER you have lengthened your leg you have to wear the external fixator for 3 months for the leg to heal... and just pray you don't get an infection........ Overall, probably not worth the money/ risk/ pain.

******

BUT to balance that out... I'm back to renewing my license every... well I don't do math so it expires 2052.  To bad I'm not staying here forever.


For the next one I get, should I put my hair up or down?









4 comments:

Nat said...

Jenny I loved your comment! I don't love that you're going through a hard time too but it made me feel a little more normal. I'm so sorry they had a "mom's only" activity, who does that? It really must be hard when it seems everyone around you has kids and you're just not in that stage of life yet. It's so hard to make friends in general. Just so you know, I loved friends who didn't have kids because they broadened my perspective and had fun stories to tell not involving pregnancy or dirty diapers.

Remember how awkward RS was when we first moved to KY too? I was so glad you and Veronica moved in at the same time or I'm pretty sure I would have had no one to talk to.

Like you said, I don't think it's being around family that may matter so much as finding a place that feels like home, a place where you belong. I've totally reverted into being the shy one and I don't really know how to get over it.

Keith gave me a blessing as well and while I have faith I'll start feeling better, I think I'm going through this rough patch in my life so that I can learn more about myself and try to grow from it.

I hope you're able to find a job soon and someone cool to hang out with. You're a great person and I personally miss seeing you at church:)

Brittany & Garrett Best said...

Why does Arizona have such LONG periods between expiration dates on DL? That's awesome though, I wish Utah was like that. I'm a bit jealous! But I agree on the hair color and weight, it's always bugged me on why they do that. But oh well.

Jared said...

At least your face fit on your license picture!

Carrie said...

Way to be on top of getting your license! I hope you're doing well.