While travelling to visit with my family in Az. I had the time and situation arise that made me ponder.
Something that seems to always happen in the bathroom, to me at least. I would like to think that it happens to other people as well.
Let me start from the beginning...
I arrived at the airport early... like 2.5 hours early because my ride had to go to work early that morning. I, like most people, decided that it would be a good idea to go to the bathroom and relieve myself before climbing on to a tube of floating steel for almost 4 hours. Airplane bathrooms are not something I love.
I've always been a little self conscious of having to make a trip to the bathrooms. This complex arouse from early childhood when you have to ask to leave the classroom to go to the bathroom. Already a little embarrassed that I had to ask to relieve myself, many times I would be denied because I held my bladder trying to wait for recess but found I could not 15-10 mins before.... hence my asking and being denied because it was 'too close to recess', and 'I could wait'.
Or other snide comments.
Me: Can I go to the bathroom?
Teacher: I dont know can you?
Me: ....?
All the like have contributed. That and being spied on in the bathroom as a little girl by other little girls. Always mortifying.
So I digress....
Airplane bathrooms. They are small. There is always a line. They are gross.
All reasons not to like them. But mostly because I hold my bladder til I'm about to explode so I don't have to use the flying bathroom... and then have to stand in line and practically hold myself while everyone watches and I wait.
SO... I try my best to be empty. I don't drink the free beverage I dehydrate myself before the flight. I go to the bathroom before. I eat salt... plenty of salt to soak up any extra fluids.
Obviously, I have issues with bathrooms.
And somehow almost every time I go to an empty large (filled with empty toilet stalls) restroom, pick my stall, start my business.... someone comes in the bathroom and chooses the stall right next to me.
Out of EVERY empty Stall, They choose the one next to me.
I get it if the bathroom is full, but with 20 open stalls and you come next to me, but when there are 19 other stalls in the bathroom all empty you can't have the decency to choose the stall one away from me? Seriously.
Please tell me the psychology in this. Are we drawn to each other in the bathroom?
Does this happen to anyone else or just me? Am I weird that I don't want someone right next to me when I pee?
DRIVES ME NUTS.
twin xl duvet covers
4 years ago

2 comments:
It must be you! I've never had that problem. Maybe you're just a people magnet in the bathroom. :)
I've never had that problem either, but then again, I've also had people TALK to me while in a public restroom, and not people i KNOW either. Just asking random questions. Bathrooms are the worst, period!
Post a Comment