This co-worker (as Jared told me) wanted to go out and get very drunk that night, but wanted Jared to let him know if surgeries came in that night (meaning they would have to work the next day) so as to not get drunk and be hungover the next day.
(if none of that made sense basically he didn't want to work hungover)
The conversation between us continued as follows:
Jenny: "I don't understand why people would want to get so drunk because they are so hungover and in pain the next day." (please keep in mind this is coming from the person that had a hangover the next morning after taking Nyquil for the first time)
Jared: "They like the drunk feeling"
Jenny: "But why? Why not just drink enough to not be hungover the next day?"
Jared: "He wanted to drink to be drunk"
Jenny: "I still don't get it. It doesn't seem worth it to me."
Jared: "It's like how you like to run. You run painfully long distances no matter if your toe nails fall off the next day or you have blisters all over feet. Same thing."
Jenny: "Oh... Now it makes sense."
=EQUALS=
I think I will start referring to the days after my long runs as "Hangover Days"


3 comments:
Ok, so this post is REALLY making me want to get back to running SO bad! I miss it!!! Only one more week though! I like that you refer to day afters as hangovers. That is awesome!!!
haha
That's hilarious! have a great running/ triathlon season! I hope your "hangover" aren't TOO painful.
Post a Comment