Like when Jared offers to hold my suitcase...
So sweet, but I KNOW that I can get by without him. I want to prove this to him, but if I do it is a strike against letting him be chivalrous. So usually I say "I can handle it" and then 3 minutes later I apologize and ask him to take my bags.
I want to be strong but at the same time I expect men to give up seats for women, to open doors for them etc. and most the time I don't see this in public.
Jared is pretty good. I feel protected and provided for. He will give me his jacket if I'm cold. Give up his seat for me. Gets into my side of the bed while I'm still getting ready for bed to warm it up for me. I have woken up in the morning to find a blanket on me b/c I was shivering. And he even opens my car door (on occasion). All these things and more. What a man I have! I don't think that chivalry is lost. Not at all...
BUT THIS KIND OF CHIVALRY....

WELL... IT WAS NEVER THERE TO BEGIN WITH.
4 comments:
I guess we can't have it all. Too funny!
awww sweet hubby! I guess even the amazing ones aren't perfect lol : )
I want to copy and paste this because this is how I feel and us exactly!
I have that SAME problem. I always ask for the seat to be put down, it NEVER happens. But now that we have Grant, Garrett is beginning to see the UP side to putting the seat down.
Post a Comment