Saturday, July 10, 2010

Timed Exaggeration

One definition in the dictionary for exaggeration is :
1. To enlarge or increase to an abnormal degree
2. Overstate
(exaggeration is NOT keyed as lying)

Jared is known to exaggerate. Or at least I know. He says it is an Armstrong thing. Whatever or whoever it may be because of, I know he does. For example...

The time I went out with Kate on the lake. It was about an hour we were gone. Jared swears to 3 hours. (not even possible by the way)

Or I’m sure I’ve never really heard the actual size of a fish he has caught.
These are not horrible exaggerations. No one’s hurt, but it was definitely an ‘overstatement’.

To get to the point, I was just thinking that if men exaggerate (or at least my man) as much as they do to others as they did in perfect timing with women life would be much better for them and Us.

My situation:
I have been using the row machine at the gym lately. I LOVE IT, but I was lacking motivation to continue. So in hope that the week that I have been using the row machine my arms have become more tone, I asked Jared. He missed the 'obliviously she is searching for a complement' tone in my voice.

His answer was something like…
‘Mmmm not really. No.’

Honesty is the best policy... right???

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh, the man falacy! They have a hard time doing things right, huh? Well, I'm sure you look great and it was just hard for him to tell that your already rock hard arms had gotten harder ;)

Aston Family said...

Hahahaha story of my life! Love this Jenny and I am certain your arms look bigger! :) LOL! Miss you guys!

Brittany & Garrett Best said...

With all the chick flicks that guys have seen and all the advice they get from older guys who have "been through it" you would think they would've learned that girls "fish" for compliments. But yes it is an Armstrong thing, I will admit that I exagerate as well.