Thursday, September 25, 2008

The ever living; never dying...

In every marriage or even friendship I'm sure that there is just something that drives you practically insane. Maybe it is a word they use over and over or the way that they drive. But let me tell you that all those things would be great over 'the shirt'.
The shirt... He knows I don't like it which is probably why he wears it.

The History of 'The Shirt'

Age: Over 7 years, definite age undetermined.

Description: Button up collar blue vertical stripped shirt with a mix of white and a shiny cream stripe. A mixed breed from a polo, grandpa shirt, and a nice business attire button up shirt. The material is like the thin shirts that old grandpas where. HOW DO YOU PULL OFF A SHIRT THAT YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO WEAR IN THE FIRST PLACE??? Is it casual? Is it formal? Is it made for humans?

Legacy: Jared bought this shirt on his mission... at a second hand store (making for an undetermined age) in Spain for.... 25 CENTS! It has followed him from Spain, back to Utah then to Kentucky and for the occasional trip to Honduras. It is like his best friend. He LOVES that shirt. It has stains on it and who knows what else. Washing might not help, but how would I know... I have never washed it. Jared will wear it and then hang it up again... maybe in fear that if I wash it, it might just disappear.
Like it sometimes does when I find it laying around...

It may live to see the end of the world at the rate it is going

The ever living... Never dying...

THE SHIRT

A Young Missionary in Spain
with the newly purchased old shirt


In Honduras atleast 7 years later with the shirt


The shirt... Yesterday.

13 comments:

Jared said...

I LOVE that shirt!!!! If it ever goes missing I know who did it!

Jenny Ann said...

I am the only one close enough and secure enough with our relationship to try to let you know of its horrendousness. You are a sensitive person and I respect your relationship with the shirt but Jared... have you looked at it?

bbcurfew said...

That's one of the funniest things I've ever read...

Kate said...

I am sorry I just have to say Jenny, you are CRAZY! I would take that shirt any, ANY day over Jon's array of weird crap he likes to wear... the sailboat shirt (yeah, that one is finally gone), the 12 year old green AZP shirt (that apparently can be worn to work out in, mow the lawn, AND on a date? AND he refuses to get rid of it, he says it is "vintage" whatever), the knee high socks (we both know that still happens), the Jesus sandals (gone too). the knee high socks WITH the Jesus sandals... UGH- count your blessings my friend.

Brittany & Garrett Best said...

That is just so funny! Let me know what ends up happening to it. I have to say I don't know if I've ever seen him in that shirt, maybe I just don't pay attention.

Sarah said...

haha Jenny! Funny post and nice blog! I don't mind the shirt. :p

Ashley said...

oh my...funny funny funny!!! Maybe it would have to get "accidentally" ruined in the washer (after being washed in really hot water with something new and red...) but that could just create a whole other problem because then it would be pink and blue stripes and he'd probably still want to wear it! :) HAHAH! You make me laugh...

Carrie said...

That's hilarious, BUT in Jared's defence at least it looks a little dressier than a T-shirt and basketball shorts (which I will never be able to get Aaron out of UNLESS I not so descretely hint that maybe our date night requires khaki shorts instead). However, I know what you mean. Good luck!

Amy said...

That is THE coolest Shirt . . . For sure a KEEPER:)

lacey said...

My husband had a pair of green pants that he wore on returning from his mission in Mexico. He got over them, but he is still teased about even picking them out.

This is Lacey Williams. I sat by you in Relief Society this sunday. I'll email you some links like I mentioned...

I browsed your blog and realized even with the washer flooding the house, power outages, rough intern schedules, and MAJOR surgery, you seem to have worn it all with such grace and smiles. Thank you for sharing your blog- a good reminder to me to smile while my challenges "attack" :)

Jaren and Emily Glover said...

I say if Jenny hasn't even gotten to wash it yet...it needs to be washed. If the shirt holds sentimental value to you Jared then wear it proudly in places that won't embarass Jen to be seen with you in it. If you do continue to wear it, it should still be clean. With any luck it will dissintegrate in the washer...the shirt is totally from the 80's :)

The Winwards said...

Hi Jared and Jen. This is Kali (Glover) Winward. I am glad you are doing good Jared, we were really worried about you. I think you look good with your head shaved. Keep getting better, you are in our prayers. And we can't wait to meet you Jen.

Robert said...

I want that shirt! I'm willing to pay any price. That is what you call vintage/antique. No telling what the market value of that shirt is! It may be worth millions! Name your price!