Monday, December 10, 2007

Get your hot chocolate out.

It did it again. Dang winter. It decided to rain all day friday and provo got about an inch of rain. Now for me being used to NO water or rain in arizona i consider that a lot. But then the next morning it was snowing.... and it snowed and snowed and snowed. I had to go to a bridal shower and after my car was covered.
My poor car told me it doesnt like to drive in the snow but we drove home and other than being cold from wipping the snow off the windshield (which i found is something you have to do to see) And on the drive home it was really hard to see. Not only was is snowing but i did not give my car enough time to defog the windshield so i could hardly see. So we (my friend and I) came to stop light and i was going to turn right. Well as everyone does you dont stop and then pull up to see passed the other cars. You just drive up and stop. Well there was this huge snowplow next to me so i could not see anything (along with the window and the snow) and then my friend all the sudden yells out "DONT HIT THE PEDESTRIAN!" So i slammed on the brakes still wondering where the perdestrian was and the car started sliding on the snow/ice as a man came out of no where in front of my car. No worries, I stopped in time but still got the 'look'. yes 'the look' You know you have all seen it and probably given it out. the look of... you idiot, are you blind im walking here and i have the right away. well i want to know what the heck he was doing walking around in a freaking snow storm!!
It ended up snowing all day and into sunday morning. (my guess of about 5 inches or more) Sunday morning was so cool though because i could not sleep and i got up to get a drink of water at 5 in the morning and the christmas tree lights were on and so i sat down to watch them and I looked outside to find it snowing. It was really pretty. And it is always pretty when everything is clean and white.
But the days after the snow usually are tough. I ALMOST killed myself as i attemped to walk on ice up a slope. Smart i know. I stepped on it and started to slip and did a dance for the person in front and behind me as i tried to balance myself with my leg up in the air and my arms also. It was oh just so much fun. That would have hurt with my beyond heavy backpack!
Anyways, knowing that I am at BYU a college full of crazy fun teenagers and young adults as i was on campus today I passed by the BIGGEST snowman that i have ever seen! So I had to get a picture of me by it to show just how tall it was.
How did they do it you may ask. Well originally under the snowman is a statue of an indian. Sorry no disrespect but it just worked out and it looks really cool. It was fun to see people smile and laugh on campus when usually they are stressed and mad and grumpy the week before finals. So thank you people that made that snowman. You are cool.
Also, one last thing. I got adventurous on campus with a friend Hali. She decided that on this perfect patch of powdery snow in the middle of campus we needed to make snow angels. And the we "HAD'' to when she found out I had never made one. So she showed me how and I did. Mine looks kinda weird but it was fun overall. It was really cold and I started to freeze and we did get alot of looks from people and Hali would just delcare... "My friend from Arizona has never made a snow angel before and I have to make her". LOL.. most people just laughed at us. It really was fun. It is fun to have have friends when it snows!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!! I can't believe how huge that snowman is!!! I can't even imagine how cold those peoples hand must have been! Poor corolla... he didn't even know what hit him... he didn't ask for this cold weather... and ps i think your gift for the shower was awesome and I would have LOVED it so tell jared to shut it.