Thursday, June 19, 2014

One Month!




This little cutie is a month old! (technically yesterday - but the picture was taken yesterday I just never had the chance to post this)

He has changed so much from his little newborn self, but is still such a little cute baby.

He gained weight at his last weight check - 9 lbs 5 oz. Meaning he gained 12 oz in a week. That's what eating every 2 hours will do to you!

Sadly and to my dismay my little baby is growing so fast. He is getting too big for his newborn diapers and newborn clothes.  I'm glad he is growing and healthy, but so sad at the same time!

He still loves his soft blankets, bath time, being held, and eating his hands.  He also now likes hanging out in the Mama Roo, staring at your face, being sung to, car rides, hanging out in the baby carrier, tummy time (have I mentioned he is rolling tummy to back?), and attacking the bear in the picture.



When he first rolled from tummy to back Jared and I were next to his crib talking and he was hanging out on his tummy. I looked back over and he was on his back.  

I asked Jared if he flipped him to which the reply was a 100% NO.
Jared asked if I flipped him over.... to which my reply was I don't know. I can't remember. I haven't slept much. I might have, but I'm only 60% sure I didn't.

Well I didn't. He promptly rolled over again proving I'm not crazy (just sleep deprived).




We have had a rough go of the last few weeks. Poor Andrew has some gut issues we are trying to find a solution to. It breaks my heart to hear my little one crying because he is uncomfortable, and so frustrating when I can't do anything to help him. The constant

"crying unless I'm being held and sometimes that doesn't help"

all night/day long are not helping my patience either, but I would do anything for this guy.  Too bad Jared has to deal with grumpy Jenny.

I love my little man!
I also love my grown up man - (shout out to you Jared!)
You two are my life and priority.



P.S. I have the pictures from the photo shoot. They are adorable. I will post them later. For now I'm thinking throwing in a load of laundry and taking a nap has a much higher need.

2 comments:

Brittany & Garrett Best said...

The stomach issues sound bad, I'm so sorry you have to deal with that! I hope you find a solution soon! I can't believe he's already a month old! He sounds like he's going to have quite the personality if he's already attacking his stuffed animals.

Anthony and Erin Mills said...

Cute boy! I'm dying to see her newborn pics!