A lot has happened, hence my slacking of blog writing.
A cap of the last few months follows.
March -
Our cruise to the Caribbean. We knew that this cruise was the last fun thing we had before we really had to get serious about life and moving.
The cruise was fun! How can you not have fun on a cruise where everyone is there to make your experience nice.
St. US Virgin Islands
St. Lucia
St. Maarten
Barbados
Woops ... How did that shot of my super hot husband get in here... hmmm
Antigua
Puerto Rico
So then we started getting the house ready - painting, landscaping, new carpet etc ect...
April -
Jared was in a Car accident. I like how he called me at work and the first thing he said... "Don't worry. I'm ok." I guess he knows I have a tendency to freak out. The car was dented and scraped and the other driver did not have proof of insurance with him But Jared was ok.
Jared went to South Africa for about a week.
(I don't have his pictures right now... I will have to get them later)
We ran those couple of races previously blogged about...
Jared started Trauma service and because of a couple incidences he was short staffed which meant many more hours for him to work. :(
April was a rough month for us we had lots of personal trials to overcome, but as time never seems to stop we also moved on.
May-
Jared had his brother Joel, Mom and Dad come out and visit while he and Joel did a Olympic Triathlon. They did great and I wish I would have trained for the race as well, but we had a lot going on, you know... with moving across the country soon and all...
There was a whole group in the ward that did the Triathlon!
I found a rental home on Zillow in Phx and we started the process with contracts and all.
We helped with scout physicals again this year.
Oh yeah... our anniversary. 5 Years! This is the video I made for Jared... I'm sure most have seen it.
June -
RESIDENCY GRADUATION DINNER!!!!!!!!!!!
The best and most awaited day came. Jared finished his residency. Hallelujah!
He gave a great speech about his trauma team and the people he worked with (the best speech there).
I couldn't be more proud of him.
Residency was VERY rough. We had more than normal amounts of trials during residency, but he held strong and finished!
WAIT! Before we can start fellowship there are a few things we need to do first.... (including move across the country)
We contacted a Realtor to sell our cute little house - that we love. :(
I started packing EVERYTHING. (Jared says I packed his razor... don't believe him. He just needed an excuse to grow a beard)
Our house was under contract 4 days later.
Jared left to go to Maine for a review course to prepare him for a HUGE test in his career. While he was there I went to AZ to prepare our rental and so I wouldn't have to celebrate my Birthday alone.
Jared was in Maine, So this was the Birthday Card I got. Pretty Creative if you ask me.
I during this time also worked my last day at Baptist :( A bitter sweet for me. I made a lot (in fact) most my friend in Louisville I worked with. I will miss it dearly.
Then FINALLY we reunited and finished packing everything onto an ABF. Joel and my friend from Az, Sarah came out to help us drive across the country.
Oh, and did I mention the talks we had to give in church 2 days before we moved????? Luckily for the bishopric they were on Forgiveness...... otherwise I would have a grudge... :)
July-
And so we left Kentucky. It will be dearly missed. It has been all we have known since being married. I am very sad to leave.

It was actually quite fun for the situation of driving across a county for 28hrs with a dog in the back seat.
Proof that friends make things better.

We got all our stuff here and moved it into our rental (with the help of the elders quorum of course)
Jared took that HUGE test. - we wont know results for months.
Then Jared left for Alaska for a fishing trip with his brother and dad. I hope he enjoys because in the mean time I'm dealing with selling the house, unpacking, and being alone.
And so this is where our life sits. Jared starts fellowship in a couple weeks. I'm trying to get my nursing license transferred here so I can get a job (along with everything else you have to do in a move to a different state - car registration, drivers licenses, emissions, insurance change, utilities, finding things, etc etc etc)
Our new ward seems nice and fairly young - but not full of students which is nice. Although I think we are the only couple that doesn't have kids. .... what's new?
I hope that Az offers more than Kentucky, but it will be hard to beat. We are keeping optimistic. Hopefully I will get to spend some much needed time with my husband when he gets back from Alaska. We have been so busy I think we have neglected each other.
Let the AZ adventure begin!









2 comments:
You and Jared are such a great couple! I'm glad you had fun on your cruise. I hope AZ brings you more joy and happiness. Love you two!
You guys DEFINITELY deserve some "YOU" time with each other!!! Seriously, your lives have been CRAZY lately!!!
Post a Comment