Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Tear-stained

This post is very serious... its about my pillow.
Yes, Pillow.    The one I sleep on.


When Jared is on-call and away from home, I let Charlie sleep on the bed, but I also sleep on Jareds pillow... because it is amazing, with the perfect blend of softness with firm stability. Jared had no idea. I did this for ... maybe a year or two. Other than some drool, no big deal.
Then I started to get greedy.

I started secretly slipping my pillow out for his, while he was home.  After several times, he never noticed. (or never said anything), until one night.
He realized this was not his pillow.
From then it was a battle.

Not that I don't like my pillow. It's just that I've had the same pillow for around 10 years.
A lot of drool happens in 10 years.  A lot of tears happens as a teenager - over boys, school, friends.  And not to mention marriage..... :)

My pillow basically is a flat, tear-stained, drool covered awesome pillow that is just not as comfy as Jared's anymore.

(no pictures of this pillow will be posted to avoid just a bit of embarrassment.)

So my THOUGHTFUL husband, who was tired of having his pillow switched out, got me a great pillow for mothers day. :)

Now any tears collected will be just from Marriage. (watch out Jared)

3 comments:

Susie said...

GAG Jenny, the same pillow for ten years? You must be like Jon with his tiny square pillow of nine years - that Kate said "bye,bye". Here are three tips:
1. Get a new pillow every Easter (some people in our ward do this)
2. Buy pillows at Penney's sales: buy one pillow - buy another for a penny.
3. Daniel did this ONCE (that I know of) take your subpar pillow to a fancy resort and trade it out.**
**I'd like to do this at your mom's, her pillows are glorious in the guest room.

Congrats on Jared's match - I'm a little jealous you are coming to Phx and my grands are probably moving somewhere far away. boo hoo

Carrie said...

We try to get new pillows at least every two years. I finally purchased some waterproof (or resistant) pillow protectors so the actual pillow doesn't get too gross :) I love your and Jared's little "wars". Such fun stuff to enjoy! Now he'll try to steal your pillow.

Brittany & Garrett Best said...

That's funny because when I get a chance I always sleep on Garrett's pillow. His is WAY more comfy then mine plus it smells like him so it's comforting.