I have been getting ready for the marathon since I decided in November that I was going to run it.
Everything was going great and I ahead of training, until... school got hard, things got in the way, I kept getting sick (please recall scarlet fever, strep, colds, ect), and had problems with my knee and my gut. I wasn't as ready as I would have liked, but I made my goal of finishing under 3 hrs, (by a good amount too) and HECK I finished.
I questioned within the first mile what exactly I had gotten myself into. There were CRAZY people with no shoes, or no shirt, or that pee behind buildings.
I realized just how long the race was went I hit mile 7. My joints and muscles started to ache and I was starting on a couple nice hot spots on my foot.
BUT I made it. I jogged the whole way (except for a potty break- that took forever... I even questioned peeing behind a building... )
I'm so glad that I completed this hard, but so satisfying goal.
LIVE IS GOOD RIGHT NOW. I have a lot going for me and I'm loving it!
The 15000 runners
Getting ready to run
The last stretch! (check out those leg muscles... I didn't even know they existed!!)
2 comments:
congrats!! That is really Cool-and especially after everything you've had to deal with during training:) Great Job!
Great job! You do have great legs haha! My big bro ran a full marathon for the first time in January. He made it in either 4 or 6 hours now I can't remember. But ya. He just peed in empty bottles he would find along the way. ewww.
Post a Comment