Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Did I mention...

We have new callings. As of this last Sunday.

Since we have been married we have always had callings together. Jared blames it on his busy schedule. I blame it on my lack of 'skills'. Either way we like having callings together. It gives us just a little more time together in the week.

Before the great reveal... lets recap. 2 years ago we were called to teach the 4-5 y/o in primary. (fun but a hard and stressful class), we held that calling until last March when we were released to be ward missionaries. It was different. While Jared really liked being a ward missionary I found it hard and very out of my "comfort zone". We did teach a few lessons to a girl that was a foreign exchange student with a family in the ward. While she was in America she was baptized and we taught her the new member discussions. She (Jen-Jen) really was an amazing girl. But alas she had to go home. I remember Jared would always put me on the spot teaching repentance. Seriously. It would go something like this...

Jared: Now Jenny is going to teach us about repentance.
Jenny: (Nasty look towards Jared)
Jared: ... because she needs it more than me. bahahaha...


So to conclude this rant. We have now been called... after only 9 months of peace in Relief Society and Priesthood.... to the NURSERY.

We are very nervous but excited. Because we will not have a lesson for ourselves except for whatever may be said in Sacrament meeting so we decided it would be best to keep our testimonies up with a quick lesson at home.

I hope it goes well and we don't have too many crying kiddos.

My perception of this... the ward doesn't ever want us to have kids. LOL.

6 comments:

Kate said...

Oh my gosh you two will be perfect for nursery! Dang I wish you were Paul's leaders!

Jenny Ann said...

Except we might not like paul if he is screaming the whole time... BUT it would be a great excuse for you to hang out with me in nursery. Very serious. No non-sense. Only watching kids. No talking. :) Come back to KY!

Carrie said...

You will do okay. I was in nursery in DC before we moved and it was okay. I wasn't by myself, so that helps a lot. Just know, that you can do what you need to keep yourself sane. If they are crying for more than a few minutes take them to their parents (that's what our nursery does). Also, on behalf of all parents out there, turn away kids with runny noses and coughs. Often times you'll have parent's who stay the whole time with their kids too, so that dissipates the stress. It WILL be draining, but it's not too bad if you have at least one other adult there at all times. Good luck!

Valgardson Family said...

He He He that is so funny. But you guys are perfect for this calling. Good luck miss you. I am destined to never be anywhere but primary. 4-5 year olds, still there!

Brittany & Garrett Best said...

Yeah, I would have to agree that nursery will probably only prolong your want for kids. Nursery is different AFTER you have kids though. Like right now with Grant being the age of be able to go to nursery, I wouldn't mind being called to the nursery, the kids don't bother me so much since I have one that age. Hopefully they don't scare you out of having kids completely. Good luck!

Aston Family said...

Hahahaha! You crack me up every time without fail! Thats awesome! Maybe your class will be awesome and will make you want children immediately! Hahaha! Maybe.... Miss you guys! P.S. Love the repentence story!