Monday, June 28, 2010

Vacation

Last week Jared and I had the opportunity to hang with the Hunsaker family at a beach house in Oceanside.

This is what I mean by beach house...

Overall it was a great vacation and I nearly forgot that I have a miserable job and live thousands of miles from any family.

On the vacation we mostly hung out on the beach, hence the many beach photos that I stole from kate because we forgot our camera. (thanks kate!)

Last year Jake saw some kids with an air mattress on the ocean so this year HE was the kid on the air mattress... with 2 other guys too. We called it the gay mattress!


See what I mean?
This is James' girlfriend Sydney. Lets just say they were so lovely dove'y' that Jared and I were on the verge of vomiting. ;) She is super nice and they are cute together.

While at the beach we made a HUGE sandcastle. (Jared has the blisters still to prove it was some intense shoveling) We don't have pictures (yet) But we did make a wall to protect a random piece of seaweed.

Did I mention that there was Frisbee and football. It was just overall fun!



James and I turned 23 while in Oceanside. We went to the wild life park that day and then to olive garden and cake!





At the petting zoo. When Jared would pet them they would go into complete relaxation.

CAKE!

Visiting family was great I hope I get to see them again some time sooner than next summer.

(As a side note Jared and I put TOO MUCH sunscreen on and ended up coming home with hardly any tan... a sad sad story. :( I really am sad)

6 comments:

Aston Family said...

Happy Birthday Jenny! Looks like you guys had soooo much fun! I love vacations!! :) Miss you pretty lady!

Jaren and Emily Glover said...

We SO have to go on that cruise together! It would be so much FUN! I'm glad you enjoyed your vacation and even got celebrate your birthday with family. Happy belated birthday!

Valgardson Family said...

Happy Birthday! I am sorry that I missed it, I am glad that you had such a fun time at the beach how fun. We miss you take care

Carrie said...

So glad you had a good vacation. We love ya and miss ya.

Rachel Marie said...

JENNY! you are gorgeous! i love this! I can't believe james is dating sydney! bahahahahahaahaha! crazy. Love ya!

Brittany & Garrett Best said...

How nice would that be to have your birthday while on vacation, in California none the less! It looked like it was SO much fun!!!