Monday, June 29, 2009

???Replaced???

Being the 101st post, I figured it appropriate to post about the dog. (I get his 'appropriateness from 101 dalmations.... NERD. ok.)

The dog.
Know as Charlie.
The sweetest Chocolate Lab you will ever meet.
He is (sadly) one of my bestest friends.
Jared is OF COURSE at the top of the list. I did marry him didn't I? Just in case I will say again, Jared is the TOP of this list.
But Charlie is not far behind. There is a competition (in my mind) against the boys in the house for the attention of ME!
This was confirmed when yesterday Jared was doing his own thing and I doing mine and just like any other day I was talking to the dog. Usually though I only do this when Jared is NOT home (which happens quite often). A couple times while I was talking to the dog Jared said, "What?" my reply, "oh sorry, I was talking to the dog." ouch. Sorry Jared... Remember you are the top of my list.

This is how I see the competition going...
  • Charlie... he goes with me anywhere, including the bathroom which is essentially a strike against him.
  • Jared lets me have my privacy. NICE.

Jared +1
Charlie 0

  • Charlie will cuddle with me, but only when he wants to, and sometimes he paws me right in the face and leaves a scratch across my face....
  • Jared will cuddle with me (even when I dont ask!) but sometimes while in the middle of the peaceful night he will SMACK me right in the face or chest. `always nice to wake up to. (and then he wonders why I jump and gasp when he wakes me to say good-bye in the morning.)
Jared +1
Charlie 0

  • Charlie will go outside and tan with me. He even lays on his back. I would have a picture... but me in a bikkin in a picture... on the internet.??!? NO. But trust me CHARLIE is cute.
  • Jared .... lay out with me? Ha ha. He has better things to do.

Jared +1
Charlie +1
  • Charlie sheds EVERYWHERE, and digs and tracks dirt all over the house. I have to swiffer sweep everyday to keep up. (I recommend the swiffer to anyone with a shedding animal)
  • Jared will clean. Sometimes. And when Jared cuts his hair I can always count on the hair being cleaned up before I get to see the new shave.
Jared +2
Charlie +1

  • Charlie kills bugs. I just skreech and he is right there pawing at the bug and then with a *CHOMP* and a *GLUP* it is over.
  • Jared just isn't here enough to kill much, but yesterday he did kill a spider with the end of MY PEN, that I CHEW or i USED to chew the end of.
Jared +2 & 1/2
Charlie +2
  • Charlie, when I get out of the shower (like I said... no privacy. He WAITS for me to get out) he likes to lick my legs. hmmmm...... kinda weird......
  • Jared on the other hand will kiss me, unless I have skittle breath... and then well, I just brush my teeth and the *SMOOCH* "I am loved."
Jared +4
Charlie +2
  • Charlie is ALWAYS HOME and HAPPY to greet me.
  • Jared is ALWAYS working, but WANTING to be home and works hard to makes the dough and provide for our little family.
Jared +5
Charlie +3
  • Charlie loves to cuddle with you if you have food. More of a SEVERE CASE of begging. (believe me he's good at it)
  • Jared will (while I'm still brushing my teeth) get on my side of the bed (in the winter) and warm it up for me. SO SWEET!!!! and will let me put my COLD, COLD really FREAKISHLY COLD limbs on his oh so hot body. Hee hee..... (he hates it though... lol!)
Jared +12
Charlie +3

So at the end of the day we can see that Jared is (and will always) win the competition of the men in the house. He is my lover, & boy do I love him.
But charlie you still are my 'kinda close but far second', when Jared is not around.


Follows me EVERYWHERE. This is him sleeping under the table as I type this blog. Right by my feet.

Charlie Beggin'... not as bad as normal, but how can you ignore those cute brown eyes.

4 comments:

Lynsie said...

I already wanted a dog and now I want one more. I guess you could say I'm puppy hungry instead of baby hungry.....oh and I've decided with this whole war thing...you are guilty by association but I will be at war with just Jared until I find out that you've helped him in some way...whether it be coming up with an idea, typing it for him or finding pictures or something...whatever it is...so beware!;)

Carrie said...

Wow, more war talk. I think I'll declare war on DAD! I love the blog about Jared and Charlie. I love that you talk to him and Jared answers.

Amy said...

That happens with kids too-the whole talking to Elise and Josh is always saying What?? Sorry Josh I am talking to Elise even though you have been gone all day...lol.

Funny Comparisons:)

Brittany & Garrett Best said...

I have to say that Megumi was my second as well until Grant came along, and sadly she has moved to third, poor thing. I loved the comparison though, it was awesome! Megumi loves to lick my legs after I get out of the shower too, I thought it was wierd too.