Saturday, November 29, 2008

Secrets

Just to let you know that as you read this it was written in the past. I could not post it right away and you will see why.

SATURDAY-
Today I did something. Something totally sparatic and uncalled for but not bad. The day started as any other Saturday, except that Jared was in Utah. I went to the gym, picked up my check and went to the bank, blah blah blah... normal boring stuff And that is where it all changed. I just got a crazy little itch to do something different. So my itch lead me to the salon and to a crazy haired stylist. I told her… “do whatever you like but keep it long” and that is what happened. But I absolutely LOVE it.
We dyed it dark brown and cut me loads of layers and even some long bangs. (Surprising since bangs were something that I swore off years ago) But I love it. I still have not really had the chance to style it to see what it can do.


It is funny to think that now when people see me for the first time they think that I have brown hair. They wont ever think… she has blonde hair . Atleast not until I get some NASTY roots. Then everyone within a 30 foot radius will know, but for now I am a brown, dark headed gal.
The best and most incredibly exciting part about it is that Jared doesn’t know! That “Mr. Leave My Wife in Utah while I go and visit my family a week before thanksgiving” has not a clue. He just knows that I sounded ‘happy’ on the phone today. Hee hee. What he doesn’t know won’t kill him. (unless it leads to a cardiac arrest… BUT still then it did not DIRECTLY cause it.)
I just hope that he recognizes me when he goes to pick me up at the airport. I also wonder if I could just have my hair half way across my face and kind of hiding and KINDA trying to sneak around him if he would notice me or if I could just sneak by him. I doubt that I could but boy IF (big if there…) I could! Think of the stories I could tell the children. LOL. He would NEVER live that one down.
He will be so surprised. I hope he likes it. I have always joked with him about getting my hair changed drastically and asked him what he would think. He always says I would look good with whatever and that he will love me no matter what. OF COURSE he says that fully knowing that I would not go the next day and get my hair dyed and chopped off.
Just to be fair. I did mention last Friday a week ago that I might need money to get my hair done. J
OH HOW I LOVE THAT BOY. And man do I MISS him!




Just an update Jared DID like the new hair. :)

4 comments:

Carrie said...

I like it too. You do look good with whatever. It's quite disgusting actually ;). I'm glad you had a great thanksgiving and I think you should have tried to sneak up on Jared. Even if it didn't work, I think it would be worth the try! Love you guys.

Jaren and Emily Glover said...

Jaren goes to Iraq and I perm my hair from straight to curly...Jared leaves you for a week and you go from blonde hair to brown. What is it about the husbands leaving and the wives making drastic changes to their hair? From what I can see in the picture, I like the color. I can't really see the rest of it but I'm sure it looks great!

Brittany & Garrett Best said...

I love the brown hair Jen, you look so good with it. It was so nice to see you, even though it was only for a couple hours! I'm glad you made it out for Thanksgiving, I just wish the two of you could've stayed longer!

Amy said...

I love the Hair. All the fun us girls have with hair color and hair cuts:) Either way you look beautiful with both. It was fun to see you guys!! We are looking forward to it next time . . . maybe you could go RED??