Wednesday, July 16, 2008

It has only been 2 1/2 months... Ya, some stuff happened.

Well, I am back, at least for today. Jared awoke (like always) at 5 and along with him I did too. He just left and I am left this morning as tired as can be, but without the ability to sleep. So.... BLOG!
So so so sorry. It has been a long time since I last blogged and it was really sad when I logged on and could not figure out how to 'create a new blog'.
Tons has happened. Tons of LARGE LIFE ALTERING things have happened.
We will start from the beginning.
In May Jared graduated! Offically obtaining his little bit of alphabet soup after his name. I was very proud of him. He looked all snazy in his black dress and with his huge diploma. It was a really fun time. Jared's family all came to Kentucky for it. (Man talk about loved) It was fun having them around. Some of the fun stories that happened...

The first ever meat plate was organized by me at breakfast. (Armstrong's you should be ashamed, lol)










Rumor has is that Dad Armstrong loved his rental car and somehow got smashed into the back seat on the hump.
The doctors ball.


Six flags- turns out that Joel is stronger that all the men. And Jared and I got stuck on a driving track forcing Jared to hop out of the car and push me and him back on track. Obliviously Jared was wrong in saying, "dont steer, it will steer on its own..."
We all got soaked- except for Momma Armstrong- the smart one.
I had to drive back to Jareds apartment for him on the Kentucky roads because he took a little too much dramamine. As I drove I had the worst back seat driver. The Chaos went something like this:



Me- Is this the 265 Jared?
Jared- No the speed limit is 65.
Me- I know the speed limit is 65.
Jared- Then pass this guy.
Me- I can't I'm already going 70.
Jared- The speed limit is 65!

Jared then proceeded to graduate! (Although, the graduation was long and boring) But we went to outback after.
Jared saved me from the water spill. It was quite amazing. I was just sitting there at the table... I recall seeing the water fall and then the next thing I knew my chair went flying backwards and I missed all the water. It was pretty amazing instincts! Save the one you are engaged to, totally going to be a great husband... lol!
Squire Boon Caverns... turns out if you do something bad there (like crack the tombstone) you get to stay with squire boon.....
Call huber farms before going to see if it is pickin' season.
OH... the flight leaves at 7 not at 3. Happy Mothers Day!

After all the excitement of Jared's family being there he put me to work. We had to pack all his stuff and then worst of all... clean. So Jared took me to dinner before and hypped me up on a butt load of caffine and put me to work on the bathroom- DISGUSTING (curse my ocd nature) Over two hours.... it took over two hours but that bathroom was the cleanest it had ever been, and will ever be.


Jared expressed his anger towards the US Govenment by taking his new baseball bat to Geoge.









Then Jared went back to Utah and I back to Arizona to clean out my room and figure out more wedding stuff- an invitation stuffing line. Woot.











Oh and go to Jon's graduation. It is proven... they are all boring:)














Then off to Utah I went to get married.
Lots of work and a fun shower later.

Jared and Jenny were sealed, together forever!
May 30th, 2008


at the Salt Lake City Temple

At the reception there were lips.
Why? You will just have to ask the right person. We know you told everyone... You know who you are...
HONEYMOON! to yellowstone.
Great fun; too bad I did not feel well for the first couple of days, but none the less... great fun ;) OH! and we got stuck in a stinky bathroom at yellowstone because of a rather LARGE bison.


















We also had an exciting adventure as we rode the UTA train to Ogdon and got lunch.



We raided BYU and checked out the want ads... they were all lame so Jared made one of his own.










Shipped off to Arizona for the open house. It was fun, the food was great and all went well! MIST FANS???


The gifts that we got from being married were great. But the one that suprized us the most was the 5 hymn books that we got!






Goodbye, we are off to Kentucky! Of course the day that we left I awoke with a horrible migraine. Poor Jared drove about 10 of the 14 hours. We were living off of PB&J sandwiches, yogurt, bagels and caffine. Mapquests says that we drove 933 miles that day... I agree.
Now we are moved into Kentucky and living life! We are in the process of buying a really really REALLY cute home and are so excited. Jared is working hard, long hours, but he can do it. He is a determined person. :)


The first week we were in Kentucky we got to celebrate my 21st birthday! There was candles to blow out on a big pile of ice cream! mmmmmmm!






Being married is great! I love having that person around. You just know, you wouldn't have anyone else.
Last week I went to Arizona again to see my family be complete again. I even got to drive my old high school 'cool car' around phoenix again!


My twin brother JAMES came home tuesday morning from his mission in Argentina. It was soooo good to see him. I missed having my friend around for all these things that have happened but we both understand.

Surprizingly I made pancakes for my family that actually turned out good(a first for me)









and then Jake Julie and I went and made HUGE bubbles!





Also while in Az my family had a be-lated birthday party for me and James. And I got to go to the Mesa temple. The best part was finally getting to talk with Jamesy all night long, the night before I left. It was like old times, we just understand each other... twin connection. or something... While it was all great I really missed Jared. I wish that he could have been there and met my brother and hung out with us.
He always thinks that my family is quiet... but is never around to see them the other way... SUPER LOUD.
While I was in Arizona Jared had a hard time in kentucky. While in a surgery after working for 36 hours straight got stuck with a needle. But in time we have found that the man did not have HIV or Hep C. So that is GREAT!!! We still wont know if there was anything really bad until Jared gets his blood tests back. So we pray for the best.
Finally on monday morning I had my flights back to Kentucky. Being at the airport at 5:30am demanded alot after talking to Jameserson all night but I was there... ready to leave, but they werent. A series of storms across the united states had delayed the plane that was to be used for my flight to Geogia. It had just come in that morning and the pilots need 8 hours of rest. (BAH, Jared is overjoyed to get that much! Spoiled pilots. lol. ) SO my 6:40 flight turned into a 12;05pm flight and my original flight out of altanta at 2pm was changed to 10pm. BLAH. Two hours of standing in that stupid line for that schedule. Well, I made the best and went back home and got some sleep, just to go back to the airport. With some trickyness I found a flight that was going to KY sooner and was on stand-by for that flight and got on! So instead of leaving at 10pm I got in at 10pm, and Jared got to pick me up! (no taxi for me!)
I was the first one off the plane, and I dont think I have walked so fast to get passed security and to see Jared. Cute as always. When we got home my sweet man had done some sweet things for me. Made a poster,
kisses in bed (they were candy, dont get all grossed out), and a chalk entry mat saying "welcome home smudgy". I feel loved!
So that was life in the past 60 some days. Everything is great. Distance makes the heart grow fonder. And I love Jared just as much as ever!

(Phewww. Long entry!)

Love you all!

6 comments:

Brittany & Garrett Best said...

I was beginning to wonder if you two had fallen off the face of the Earth! And I know I need to be a better sister and call my bro once in a while, but I am so glad to hear you two are doing good, and I am so glad you finally blogged!!! Congrats on your brother getting home, miss you & love you guys!!!!!

Hannah said...

Ohhhhh my goodness!! That was quite a lot to blog about! I love that poster Jared made. What a nice man. YOU DROVE THE CAMARO!???? AHHH! I am adding that to my life list of goals: to ride in that car with you someday. We don't have our beautiful high school camaro anymore, man I never thought I'd miss it. Many, many props to you today.

Carrie said...

Jen, I was so excited to finally see an update from you two! Although I know how busy married life is with moving and such. I'm glad you're all settled in now. I don't have your email right off, but I'll see if I can find it then I'll send you the recipe for black bottom cupcakes. We'd love it if you two could come visit us in Cali. Hey, if Aaron gets an offer here than you guys will have four or five more years to do it. I'd love to come visit you two in Kentucky sometime after little man is born. I hope Jared gave you the birthday message we left on his phone. I don't have your phone number either. Sorry, I'm a bad sis- in -law. Love you guys.

Taylor Armstrong said...

I loved it how you wrote about the ride home after six flags. he wasn't that way on the boat to Roatan. I guess that it is only the drousy kind that does that to him.

Ashley said...

love the fly by, whirl wind update!!! hope kentucky is treating you wonderfully!!!!!

ikevin said...

you better get insurance on that boy.