Monday, August 20, 2007

CUCUMBERS!



So today was just like every other day kate and I just sit and work and... talk at work. So... again, just like everyday we go to Subway, otherwise known as Scrub-way. Well we get there and everything is just like it always is. We get the same things (as always)
"6 inch ham on white"
Scrub-way lady "no cheese, right?"
"Right"

So as my sub moseys down the line of choices and I hypnotically follow it, as if an invisible chain is connecting me to the '6 grams or less' sub, I get to the veggies. Well, this time, it was not just like always. Oh no. There was a new lady working the veggies. Well I was going to have the usual, so I started: "Lettuce, cucumbers.... (i always pause just to let them catch up) Then it started getting screwy. She did not put cucumbers on the sandwich.
-I'll just move on and come back to the cucumbers, I thought.
"Green Peppers, cucumbers..."
-What the, she forgot it again, well i can just get onions and ask for it again"
"Onions and the cucumbers."
The Onions got on there, but no cucumbers!
"Cucumbers, you forgot the cucumbers." Not a word was uttered from the new scrub-way lady as she reached for the green peppers. "No, cucumbers..." The only response was one confused look. "Cucumbers!" I said a little more loudly. And she just stood there, at which point, my hero, Kate Stated rather Agressive and quite Loudly, "CUCUMBERS." While I pointed just below the green peppers. No Savy.
"CUCUMBERS!!!"
HAHAHAHAHA! I love Kate! Needless to say either this lady has never had a cucumber, or was deaf. I dont know, but finally it got across to her and all the other people in the Scrub-way.
Next time, she will know. DONT FORGET THE CUCUMBERS! (especially when Kate is around!)

2 comments:

Kate said...

as i lay here in bed with the lap top and jon moans at me to turn it off and go to bed... he claims the light was hurting his eyes before the computer was even on!! hehe.. anyways i seriously laughed so hard about cucumber lady that my dried eyes were crying like a baby, i laughed so hard that jon started laughing too even though he had no idea why i was laughing!!!

Susie said...

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when this episode happened!!!